Thanks to Sue Lyndon for nominating me for The Liebster Award – I appreciate it!
Here are the rules:
- When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
- One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
- One pastes the award picture into one’s blog. (You can google the image, there are plenty of them!)
Here are Sue’s questions for me and my answers:
- What is your favorite song? Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve
- What was the last thing you ate? Breakfast – Kashi cereal (with organic milk) and OJ
- Do you prefer to read from a Kindle/Nook/etc. 0r a paper copy? My Kindle – I can make the font bigger so I don’t have to wear my glasses to lay in bed and read!
- List your five favorite movies? This is actually tough for me. I’ve been reading so much of late that I haven’t been watching TV or movies. So five movies I’ve been known to watch over and over: National Treasure, Twilight, The Saint (with Val Kilmer), Twister, and The Bourne Identity (have you noticed the action-adventure theme and the fact most of the movies are older??)
- What writing project are you working on now? A paranormal romance novella. The working title is My Handsome Vampire.
- Are you allergic to anything? I have a fickle nose – certain dogs and cats, flowers, etc. I’ve never had allergy tests, but I probably should.
- Do you have any real life stories that start with, “This one time at band camp…” I don’t recall any stories, but I confess that I did participate in band camp. I remember hating getting up early before the start of school, very warm days, and that’s about it.
- How do you handle telemarketers? Do you hang up, politely say “no thanks,” or curse them to the depths of hell? None of the above. I don’t answer my phone if I don’t recognize the number.
- When was the last time you wrote someone a letter by hand and snail mailed it? It was probably a birthday card to my great-aunt with a hand written note last year. Sad, isn’t it?
- Besides writing, do you have any other artsy talents? I play the piano and try to sing!
- What’s your favorite kind of candy? Dark chocolate
Eleven Random Facts about Denise:
- I’m a vegetarian.
- I’m a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan.
- I really miss being able to run. I suffered a knee injury at work, which has never healed. It put an end to my half-marathon days.
- Three places I’d love to visit: Italy – Tuscany in particular, the base camp of Mount Everest, and Scotland (thanks to Skyfall for that one!)
- I’d really like to visit Savannah and St. Augustine this summer.
- I’ve considered buying an RV. I enjoy the outdoors, but my back won’t allow me to sleep on the ground in a tent.
- I’m scared to death of spiders but could care less about snakes or mice.
- I have a fish. His name is Rupert.
- I can sing in Latin – never thought I’d be able to say that!
- I need a cup of coffee to start my day (I’m definitely not a morning person).
- I can’t stand doing dishes; I’d rather iron!
My questions for them:
- What are three things on your bucket list?
- What was the last movie you saw in the theater?
- What is your favorite food?
- What types of books do you like to read (mysteries, sci-fi, romance, etc.)?
- What genre is your favorite to write?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- If you had to work, what would be your dream job?
- What would your perfect vacation be (money’s no object)?
- Where is your favorite place to write?
- What was the last fast food restaurant you patronized and what did you order?
- Who’s your favorite character (that you’ve created) and what is the title of the book/ story his/ she appeared in?