I need another weekend to recover from this past weekend! So here’s the breakdown:
- Friday night was dress rehearsal for the concert on Saturday. We had a brass ensemble accompanying us on some of our pieces. It is amazing how easy it was for them to overpower a chorus of fifty singers. It took some time getting the dynamics correct. Despite all that, it was very cool to perform with them. I do confess, I was a bit concerned as we didn’t run the concert. There was a piece I really wanted to review that we didn’t go over. Crossed my fingers that we would do it Saturday before the concert.
- Saturday ends up being an unseasonably warm day. Dry, too, thank goodness. We arrived at the church early to rehearse with the bell choir that was accompanying us on some of our pieces. That was very cool! The ringers were very talented. I played handbells at one point so I have a good appreciation of what they were able to do. Incredible!
- The concert: standing room only (and yes, people were standing). From what I could hear in the alto section, it sounded great. I got several compliments about how well we did. The concert was longer than usual, but I don’t think people minded. We did get a standing ovation. Yay! Made all the hard work worthwhile. Well, that and seeing the smile on our director’s face when we hit things dead on – I doubt he could have been happier.
- Saturday night – a group of us met for dinner at a local pizza place. It was nice to start relaxing after the concert rush. It was also nice to be out of my floor length black gown!
- Sunday – a day of relaxation. For the most part! I did watch James Bond’s Quantum of Solace. Liked the car chase right at the beginning. What an awesome car!! Too bad Bond had to hurt it – LOL I hate to admit, too, that M was getting on my nerves. When will she learn to trust 007? Cutting off his credit cards? Sophomoric. I was a bit disappointed – I don’t recall seeing Q; although, I guess he made a name (or should I say a letter??) for himself in Skyfall.
- Late Sunday Afternoon: The Spirit moved me to run. Can you believe it? No, I couldn’t either! The weather was still on the warm side and drizzly. I dressed in my tights and hat and looked forward to getting out there. I only ran about two miles and walked almost another mile (my knee started acting up – go figure). I felt refreshed and invigorated when I returned. I think the post-run hot shower had something to do with that as well!!
So is my need for another weekend now apparent? This upcoming weekend will be just as busy with lots of singing. Dress rehearsal Friday. Another dress rehearsal Saturday afternoon before a concert Saturday night. Concert Sunday afternoon. Then, choral singing will be done until after the first of the year. We get to perform Gloria by Randol Alan Bass with the Symphony. I am so excited about that!! It is going to rock!!
But for now, good night! I barely got six hours of sleep last night. I need to do better tonight.