Before I get to my “best of” picks, I’m going to look at my top 5 favorite reads from 2012. These books were not necessarily published in 2012 but were some of my favorites. Did any of these make your list??
Top 5 Favorite Reads
- Building from Ashes (Elemental World #1) by Elizabeth Hunter. I’m cheating with this one because I enjoyed all the Elemental Mysteries series (all but one of those books received 5 out of 5 stars; Gio and B rock as a couple). Building from Ashes is Carwyn and Brigid’s story. It was sweet and entertaining. Patrick Murphy was a hoot. I look forward to reading more from this author. Genre: Paranormal Romance/ Fantasy
- Home Work (Life Lessons #3) by Kaje Harper. Mac and Tony are one of my favorite fictional couples. I loved reading how they came together to make a family with Anna and Ben. Also, Oliver’s acceptance of Mac was awesome. Not to mention the wedding. Ok, I’ll stop now! LOL Genre: M-M romance.
- Born of Silence (The League #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I love The League series. The setting and characters are fabulous. This was Darling’s book. He was such a complex character who suffered so much you just had to love him. Maris rocked in this one. I can’t wait for his book. Genre: Fantasy/ Paranormal Romance
- Frog by Mary Calmes. Incredible novella. Cy had such a big heart. Loved Web. Two different people from different worlds who find a long-lasting love. Genre: M-M romance.
- Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian #4) by Diana Rowland. Kara is an awesome character. She’s a summoner who is also a police detective in Louisiana. Diana includes great secondary characters and a tease of romance. Looking forward to the next book arriving from Amazon any day now. Genre: Fantasy/ Paranormal
I know there are several other books that could have made this list. It really was a tough decision. Maybe some of your favorites will be on my “best of” list.
Regardless, keep reading! There are lots of good books and series out there no matter your genre-preference.