Ooh, it’s an open topic this week at The Broke and the Bookish. For this week’s list, we, the almighty blogger, get to pick the topic of our list. *rubs hands together* This is going to be fun!
I just sent an author friend a list of questions for an interview. One of those questions is inspiring my Top Ten list this week.
Here goes…If I was shipwrecked on a desert island, what ten books would I want with me? Of course, they will come through the wreck unscathed (no soggy pages or no cracked screen on the e-reader!).
Would any of these books make your desert island list? Let me know in the comments!
1. Zero to the Bone by Jane Seville. For some reason, this is one of my top M-M reads. I love the characters, the author’s writing style, and the plot. Not to mention the fact, I have an autographed copy of one of the cover designs. Oh, and it doesn’t hurt that the town where I live is mentioned in the book. Very cool! (M-M Romance)
2. Dark Lover by J.R. Ward. Even after reading all the BDB books to date (with the exception of The Shadows), her first book in the series is still my favorite. I have it in paperback, and it is nicely crumpled and wrinkled from the number of times I’ve read it. (Vampires/ PNR)
3. Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1) by Richelle Mead. When I want a yummy YA read, this is my go-to book. I can’t get enough of Dmitri and Rose. The movie didn’t do it for me, but I still love the book! (YA PNR)
4. Hard Evidence (I-Team #2) by Pamela Clare. I love the I-Team series. They are well-written, the plots taken straight from the headlines. Of course, there are strong female leads and very yummy men. I think Julian is my favorite of the men. This is his and Tessa’s story. (Contemporary Romance/ Suspense)
5. Magic Slays (Kate Daniels #5) by Ilona Andrews. I’m a huge fan of Kate and Curran. This was probably my favorite read in the series. I just couldn’t put it down. Kate has grown throughout the series, and Curran, well he never ceases to amaze me. I will be reading this series over and over again! (Urban Fantasy)
6. Riding the Storm (ACRO #1) by Sydney Croft. Ladies, if you are looking for an extremely steamy read, this is for you! Wow! Not to mention Remy, extremely drool-worthy and with the ability to call storms. Be prepared when you start this one! (Erotic Romance)
7. Night Child (Night #3) by Lisa Kessler. This was a well-written series; this book was my favorite of them all. Muriah and Issa couldn’t have been any better matched. You have to love a book with this line, “You are the light to my darkness. My heart, my soul, and now my blood, will all be yours.” *swoon* (PNR)
8. Whispered Lies (B.A.D. #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love. I was a fan of the short stories that preceded this book. I enjoyed the thrilling plots and the steamy romance. I just loved Carlos and Gabrielle in this one. It’s been a while since I’ve re-read it, but I’m going to have to check it out again. (Romantic Suspense)
9. Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion #1) by Tere Michaels. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read this book. It’s one of my favorite GFY stories. It’s well-written, and Matt and Evan’s transition from friends to lovers is very believable and quite heart-wrenching at times. I just loved these two! (M-M Romance/ Gay For You)
I’m thinking number ten would be one of the classics, but I can’t decide on a specific one. Maybe Beowulf or Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales.