Before I get to my “best of” picks, I’m going to look at my top 5 favorite reads from 2012. These books were not necessarily published in 2012 but were some of my favorites. Did any of these make your list??
Top 5 Favorite Reads
- Building from Ashes (Elemental World #1) by Elizabeth Hunter. I’m cheating with this one because I enjoyed all the Elemental Mysteries series (all but one of those books received 5 out of 5 stars; Gio and B rock as a couple). Building from Ashes is Carwyn and Brigid’s story. It was sweet and entertaining. Patrick Murphy was a hoot. I look forward to reading more from this author. Genre: Paranormal Romance/ Fantasy
- Home Work (Life Lessons #3) by Kaje Harper. Mac and Tony are one of my favorite fictional couples. I loved reading how they came together to make a family with Anna and Ben. Also, Oliver’s acceptance of Mac was awesome. Not to mention the wedding. Ok, I’ll stop now! LOL Genre: M-M romance.
- Born of Silence (The League #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I love The League series. The setting and characters are fabulous. This was Darling’s book. He was such a complex character who suffered so much you just had to love him. Maris rocked in this one. I can’t wait for his book. Genre: Fantasy/ Paranormal Romance
- Frog by Mary Calmes. Incredible novella. Cy had such a big heart. Loved Web. Two different people from different worlds who find a long-lasting love. Genre: M-M romance.
- Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian #4) by Diana Rowland. Kara is an awesome character. She’s a summoner who is also a police detective in Louisiana. Diana includes great secondary characters and a tease of romance. Looking forward to the next book arriving from Amazon any day now. Genre: Fantasy/ Paranormal
I know there are several other books that could have made this list. It really was a tough decision. Maybe some of your favorites will be on my “best of” list.
Regardless, keep reading! There are lots of good books and series out there no matter your genre-preference.
It is Sunday night already. Where did my weekend go? I wish I knew. Let’s see if I can figure it out…
Friday night I had to work. My feet absolutely killed me by the end of the night, which didn’t come until past midnight.
Saturday was a reading and writing day. I finally have a completed first draft for a story I want to submit to an anthology. I am so excited! The deadline isn’t until after the holidays, but I am so many other stories in various forms of completion, I wanted to get this one wrapped up so I could go back to working on longer pieces. I am going to talk about the reading in just a minute…
Sunday started with a chilly early morning bike ride. The new bike did well other than some annoying noises towards the end of the ride. I am hoping my bumpy ride didn’t knock anything important loose. Plus, my elbows and wrists were nearly numb by the time I finished. I am blaming this on the short stem length. I figured I would have to get a longer one, this ride just proved that thought right. It was nice and cool today – yep, sure did feel like fall – so I went for a walk this afternoon in between watching football. I didn’t get any writing done today – darn it, but I did research some e-book publishers for a romance story. That has to count for something, right?
Ok, finally to the reading portion of the weekend. I finished A Fall of Water today. This was book four in the Elemental Mysteries series by Elizabeth Hunter. I could go on and on about this book. In fact, can I give it 6 stars?? 5 stars doesn’t seem to do it justice. I fell in love with this series. The plot was intriguing and fast paced. Loved, loved, loved the characters. B & Gio rocked. But the secondary characters were just as interesting – Carwyn, Ben, Tenzin, and all the other vampires who came together to help the good guys against Lorenzo and Livia.
If you are looking for a good mystery with a unique view on vampires that has lots of romance, this is a series for you. Be sure to check out the Elemental Mysteries website at http://elementalmysteries.com/ And stay tuned – on October 23rd, the first book in the Elemental World series will be released. It is titled Building from Ashes. This is Carwyn’s book – yay!!